I bestow my invaluable wisdom upon thee

   



    I think this meme and all that it represents truly emphasizes the audacity with which I submit assignments. If this isn't you...how does it feel to not have senioritis? Anyway you guys, I have a planner that has a mood tracker in it...you know, because I'm just soooo quirky? Right, so I noticed that the month of April hasn't had any awful days so far and I attribute that to my newfound understanding of what to do once we know that we're not actually in control. Some will embrace the divine, and some will simply preach what they know until they die. I embraced that other category where you understand everything and go on living as said in this video. When the speaker explained how cool it is to look chaos in the eye and defy it with her last tactic, it really changed the way I thought.
  It helped me to not discourage myself so much. I stopped focusing on how unfair things are and just accepted that it is what it is.  I learned how useless it is to put so much pressure on myself over a few grades. 


    Moving on, ever since we were young, the school system taught us to follow the path and become sheep, but it's gotten to the point where the simplest form of creative freedom turns into a battle of trying to figure out what the teacher wants because heaven forbid you to have to stand up for yourself and dispute a grade with someone in authority. Now I'm not saying "down with the school system!" I've just learned that the only way to get through this mechanical thinking is by understanding that teachers are people too. 
    I don't know if it's just me, but I know that for a while I had teachers on this pedestal of someone who is superior in every way and will stop me if I step out of line because that is what I associated with them. They were the enforcers of the school rules. But they are humans too, who have feelings and can actually be quite friendly. Now there are some teachers who want to perpetuate this superior image, and those are the same ones who will discourage creativity and will yell at the waiter and ask to speak to the manager. That's probably not accurate, but you get it. 

    

    I know now that the things I will remember the most are the things that make me happy. And I'm happiest when I'm being myself. That's why these blog posts are not a chore for me. I enjoy being myself and writing the way I'm actually thinking and the way I would talk to a friend. So my take away from this is that I need to find a way to be happy about the things I have to go through. Or at least not be angry about it. I can only imagine how frustrating it is to watch me be angry because I'm yelling about things that only have a tiny relation to what I'm mad about and I still get nothing done. It's a wonder I've made it this far in life. Anyway, thank you and aloha.








Comments

Popular Posts