tO mEmE oR nOt To MeMe
To continue, when I first heard that humor is supposedly always at someone's expense, I thought "Oh pish posh, you dropped your socks!" And then I kept thinking about it while I was scrolling through memes and I realized "hmm, these are all at someone's expense. That's kind of sus."
The most common person at the expense of a joke is usually one's self. Self deprecating humor is the easiest to find nowadays since it's the easiest way around offending anybody. We can still make people laugh with us because of the "relatability factor" in our jokes. That's what makes humor so subjective. Depending on the type of personality you have, and how easily you can relate to things, you may or may not enjoy the same memes that someone else does. For example, if you don't play among us, you probably don't get the whole "that's sus" thing or the image of the impostor. But that's okay because humor being subjective allows for different comedic communities to blossom. The intermingling of these communities must not be forced. It will happen when it happens; that is, the people who enjoy a certain type of humor (i.e. dark humor) may find my whole post utterly tragic and that's fine because it lets everyone enjoy the things they enjoy without conforming and building a society of mindless drones that all flock to the same outlook on humor, and life in general. Our differences are what make us human, which allows us to view different cultures in our society in order to build a place to peacefully coexist.
That being said, if red is your go-to color in among us, I don't care what you say, you're sus.



Comments
Post a Comment